Connecting to a Ford WiFi Hotspot
A WiFi hotspot lets you access the internet on the go. You can stay connected, get more out of your infotainment system, and enjoy your driving experience even more. Connecting to a Ford WiFi hotspot is very easy. All you need to do is set up your WiFi hotspot using the Sync Infotainment System in your Ford vehicle, like Sync 4, and after that, you can access your Ford WiFi Hotspot anytime you like just by activating the hotspot.
If your Ford comes equipped with 4G LTE, however, you'll have to activate your connection through AT&T, as they're the standard 4G LTE provider available with Ford. If you want to learn more about how to connect to a Ford WiFi hotspot in Wilmington, NC, then visit any Wilmington dealerships to know more.
How to Set Up and Connect to your Ford WiFi Hotspot
Before you can connect to a Ford WiFi hotspot, you will need to set up your hotspot connection. To set up your connection:
- Download and activate FordPass Connect.
- You will get access to a complimentary data trial once you complete your download and registration process.
- In your car's SYNC display screen, click on 'Setting', which is located on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Once you have located the 'Vehicle & WiFi Hotspot' menu by scrolling through the Settings, click on the 'WiFi Hotspot' button.
- Ensure that the 'WiFi Hotspot' is set to 'On'.
- Every WiFi Hotspot comes with a default Service Set Identifier (SSID), which includes a name and password. Note these down. You can change these later through the 'Edit' option.
- Now, ensure that your 'WiFi Visibility' is also set to 'On'. It should be available on the 'WiFi Hotspot' menu screen.
- Return to the menu screen, and try to activate your WiFi hotspot. When asked, provide your SSID details.
- Press the 'Join' button. This will begin the pairing process, and you will receive an online confirmation once the pairing process has been completed.
After this, anytime you want to use your Ford WiFi Hotspot, all you have to do is click on 'Hotspot' in the 'WiFi Hotspot' screen, provide your SSID details, and you will be connected to your Ford WiFi hotspot.