2020 Ford Explorer Trim Options
Choosing from any of the trim levels of the 2020 Ford Explorer for your drive around Wrightsville Beach, Jacksonville, and Topsail Beach is easy because they’re all equipped with advanced innovations to give you an excellent drive. There are some differences, though, as each higher trim attaches additional features to the previous variant.
Distinct engines power different trims of the 2020 Ford Explorer:
- XLT and Limited have a 2.3L EcoBoost engine producing 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.
- The Limited Hybrid is backed by a 3.3-liter hybrid V6 that generates 318 hp and 336 lb-ft of torque.
- The ST and Platinum are powered by a 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6 churning out 400 hp and 415 lb-ft torque (ST) and 365 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque (Platinum).
- The XLT and Limited trims have a towing capacity of 5300 lbs.
- The ST and Platinum trims can pull 5600 lbs.
- The hybrid model offered on the Limited trim is capable of hauling 5,000 lbs.
Dimensions, Wheels, Seating
The length of all trims is 198.8”, while the width stands at 78.9”. The height of the XLT & Limited variants towers 69.9”, while that on the ST & Platinum trims is estimated at 70.2”.
Standard 18” wheels are available on the XLT, with optional 20” wheels. On the other hand, the Limited trim runs on 20” wheels, and the ST trim boasts 20” wheels as standard, with optional 21” rims.
Some features of the trims (building on the previous trim’s features) include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Power liftgate
- Automatic climate control
- 8” touchscreen with FordPass Connect & Ford Co-Pilot360
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot & six speakers
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Charging ports
- Lane-keeping system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated steering wheel
- Paddle shifters & universal garage door opener
- Voice-activated navigation & B&O 12 speaker sound system
- Sport-tuned suspension & massaging front seats
- 12.3” digital instrument cluster
- 10.1” touchscreen
- 14-speaker B&O audio system option
- Satin aluminum exteriors
- Platinum branded black carpeting
- Front row illuminated scuff plates
Feel free to visit Capital F/L/M of Wilmington in Wilmington, NC, to get up-close with all of these models.