10 Red Flags To Look Out For In a Used Car's History
If you are looking for used cars Wilmington, NC, then you can approach a used car dealer to check out various options. There are many Wilmington car dealerships who can assist you in the right way. But there’s one critical document that you need to have while buying a used car—a CARFAX vehicle history report. This is the report that clearly details out the entire history of the car you intend to purchase. It shows if the car has been in an accident or has faced an open recall, along with its entire service history.
When you approach auto dealers for buying a used car, you need to have a CARFAX vehicle history report without fail to make a confident purchase decision. But for that, you need to watch out for some red flags in the report. These are as follows:
- Interior and exterior of the car show signs of damage or rust, which can indicate a lack of proper maintenance.
- Too many owners in the past, despite it being run for very few miles. It could be a sign that past owners faced issues with the car, which is why they wanted to sell it off quickly.
- The car has been in many road accidents, meaning there could be hidden damages.
- The CARFAX vehicle history report may have information related to the car’s VIN, year, model, make, engine configurations, etc. that do not match facts.
- Offered previously on salvage auctions, meaning it may not be in perfect condition.
- Does not have insurance anymore because it has been totaled and rebuilt. This could also indicate a risky investment because the car would later call for expensive repairs, the cost of which will have to be borne out of your own pocket.
- Listed as a rental or fleet vehicle, meaning it could require a lot of maintenance and care.
- Failed at emission tests—something that can call for hefty levies.
- Does not have tax renewal or annual registration certificates to show that it has always been on the road.
- The title of the car currently is not in the name of the seller. Going ahead with such a transaction is legally not allowed.
To learn more or get a CARFAX vehicle history report, visit Capital Ford of Wilmington. We cater tor residents of Wrightsville Beach, Jacksonville, or Topsail Beach.